Recipe by Budgiegirl
This is another amazing stick-to-your-ribs kind of recipe.
Top Review by Kitsune
This was a nice change from oatmeal. I mixed it up the night before and put it in the fridge. Microwaved it on high for 2 1/2 minutes the next morning. Very nice. I don't have fructose but it worked nicely with 1 Tbls brown sugar. I've made this a few times now and have mixed it up by adding unsweetened coconut, cocoa powder, dried fruit, or milk. Versatile and yummy.
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons textured vegetable protein (unflavored Texturized Vegetable Protein granules)
- 5 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons fructose
- 1⁄2 teaspoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients and bring to a boil over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and cover.
- Depending on your preferences, you can reduce the heat to lower to a simmer for 5-10 more minutes or until the mush is very dense. You can cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes for a less thick, more chewy mush.
- The recipe works well in a rice cooker, or overnight on low in a crock pot for hot cereal when you first wake up.
- You may also put this into a pot overnight without cooking it, then heat it up on the stove or in the microwave.