Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I like refried beans alot. I found 24 cans for .25 a piece at a local cheap foods store. This is a good way to use them up.
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- 15 ounces refried beans
- In a large bowl, combine TVP, boiling water and ketchup. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except oil.
- Mix everything together very well.
- Mixture will be a little sticky.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- If they are very sticky coat with a little flour.
- Fry them right away or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook heat oil. Cook until crispy brown.
- For Vegetarian option use Vegetarian Refried Beans.