Recipe by Budgiegirl
Another TVP recipe to try.
Top Review by Terri Newell
This was easy to make, and my two children both liked it, so I'll definitely do this one again. I had to add about 1/2 cup water, and it was still fairly thick. I served it on its own, but I think it would be good over noodles or rice, or even as a sloppy joe on a toasted bun. Or maybe baked in the oven with biscuit/cobbler topping.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- water, to thin the sauce
- 2 cups textured soy protein granules
- vegetable bouillon granules, enough to cover and cook textured soy protein
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Makesauce by sauteing onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic til soft in some margarine.
- Add ketchup, tomoto paste, molasses, and water to thin the sauce.
- cook for a few minutes til flavors are blended.
- add some hot sauce if you like. set sauce aside.
- Cook textured soy protein in the vegetable bullion for a few minutes, then drain.
- Fry textured soy protein in a little oil for ten minutes, add sauce, cook til bubbly, and its ready to serve.