Recipe by Sunbeam718
This soup I made up one night with just the ingredients in my kitchen and now it has become a regular in our household. It pairs wonderfully with fresh cornbread on a cold winter night. Feel free to substitute the canned chicken for fresh or even use up your leftovers.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cansgreat dry northern white beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (13 ounce) canned chicken, in water-drained
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (change to your desired tastes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Add white beans and drained black beans into a large soup pot and turn heat to medium-high.
- Add canned drained chicken breast and flake in pot. Can substitute leftover chicken or cook fresh.
- Dice your onion and green pepper and add to pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients excluding butter.
- Stir well and bring mixture to a boil. Let boil for 15 minutes and then cover and let simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and add 3 tablespoons butter and cream into soup while stirring. Serve.