Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this recipe for a light summer evening meal. There are similar bowtie pasta salads, but this one is meant to be served warm. (So watch your timing, and have everyone ready to eat as soon as you have it all put together!) I have also started adding artichoke hearts to this recipe.
- 6 ounces bow tie pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced (or chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- (Here I decide whether I want to chop the raw chicken into bite-sized pieces and cook it or cook the breast whole and then shred. Add extra cooking time if you choose the latter.).
- Add chicken and mushrooms, cook until light golden brown.
- Add zucchini and peppers, continue cooking until veggies are tender.
- Add wine and lemon juice and simmer for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon rind, basil and 1 Tbsp butter.
- Toss with hot pasta and ½ cup cheese.
- Place on serving platter, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and serve.