Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lovely, light dinner.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet, saute the chicken, mushrooms and red pepper in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the lemon juice and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain the pasta and add to skillet.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, basil and remaining butter.
This is absolutely one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES!! I use a little bit more broth and lemon, as I like to cook the pasta al-dente and then simmer it all together until the pasta is tender. Wonderful on a hot summer evening; it is so light and fresh!
This was pretty bland and I wouldn't make it again.
We enjoyed this light, tasty meal! Next time I'd like to add some zucchini as Breezy suggested. I used fresh basil which really boosted the flavor. I cut the recipe in half which was perfect for the two of us. Thanks for posting!