1/5 Photos of "tuxedo" Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1 hr 15 mins
Parrot Head Mama's Note:
A neat idea for gift giving or for those special occasions where you want to "dress up" plain old chocolate covered strawberries. Very easy and relatively inexpensive, especially compared to the store-bought ones. **yield stated below depends on how many of the strawberries are good enough to use, per carton**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash strawberries and dry well with a paper towel.
- 2Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with waxed paper.
- 3In a medium sized, microwave-safe bowl, break up white chocolate into small pieces and melt, on medium power (my microwave I used 60% power) for approximately 4-6 minutes, checking and stirring every 2 minutes or so (we don't want the chocolate to burn). Remove from microwave and dip strawberries one at a time, holding each berry by the stem/leaves, and dipping right up to the base of the stem/leaves. Place on baking sheet/waxed paper and repeat for all strawberries.
- 4Place sheet in refrigerator til white chocolate sets, about 15-20 minutes.
- 5In another medium sized bowl, melt chocolate chips, using same time frame and power level as above (60%, 4-6 minutes). Grasp strawberries by stems again, dipping one side into the chocolate, then the other side, so that the brown chocolate makes a "V" shape visible from the front of the strawberry.
- 6Now, with a toothpick, "paint" on 2 or 3 buttons and a bow tie at the top of the berry (near the stem) with the brown chocolate.
- 7Cool on the baking sheet/waxed paper, in refrigerator, til chocolate is set. Strawberries will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "tuxedo" Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (2238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 13.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g