Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. I’ll edit the recipe accordingly if needed.
- 1⁄2 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 6 marshmallows
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup moist coconut, shredded
- 2 tablespoons maraschino juice
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Remove segments from membrane of grapefruit and orange; slice pineapple.
- Cut marshmallows and cherries into eighths.
- Soak marshmallows and coconut in maraschino juice.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in sugar.
- Combine with fruits and coconut marshmallow mixture. Freeze until firm.
- For an extra taste treat add 1 Tbsp of brandy or some people like to add 1/2 cup of seedless raisins.
This is an excellent dessert and I can't believe it hasn't been reviewed! Let me be the first to say it was excellent! I added in some nuts chopped fine, and all went well. It was eaten and enjoyed! Word of caution, don't freeze too long or it will not come out the way it is supposed to. Just until firm and it holds together!