Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
After watching The Devils Rejects, I came up with this ice cream recipe.
- 32 ounces yogurt (I use fat free plain)
- 2 bananas, that are very ripe with dots on the skin peeled and frozen
- 1⁄4 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 1⁄2 cup approximately crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 tablespoon approximately lemon juice
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges, drained, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup sugar (approximately)
- Mash bananas into a puree with a food processor or hand stick blender.
- Pour puree into a bowl if using a food processor, then add all remaining ingredients, mixing to incorporate.
- If you have a mixing bowl with a pour spout they easily pour into molds.
- Freeze for around 1 hour, insert the sticks, freeze until solid.
- I have made them without freezing the bananas first but if you don't freeze the bananas first they will not be as creamy and will be more icy -- This way they are more like store bought.
- I got my sticks and molds from the Dollar Tree. I don't recommend the plastic reusable sticks that come with the molds and use wooden sticks.