Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fresh fruit are sprinkled with sugar and spices and covered with a nutty, crumbly topping - delicious with vanilla sauce or whipped cream!
- 225 ml all-purpose flour
- 100 g butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon water
- 1 apple (about 200 g)
- 1 pear (about 150 g)
- 1 -2 nectarine (about 150 g)
- 4 firm ripe plums
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 50 -75 ml sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 50 ml finely chopped walnuts or 50 ml hazelnuts or 50 ml almonds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 100 ml all-purpose flour
- 50 g butter
- To make crust: Cut together flour and butter until crumbly, add sugar and water and quickly mix together into a dough. Roll the dough into a ball and wrap in clingfilm; place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll the dough out and line a 24 cm (9") pie dish.
- To make topping: cut together all ingredients until crumbly.
- Filling: Peel fruit if you prefer. Slice or cut into pieces. Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
- Mix together cinnamon, ginger, sugar and dry breadcrumbs. Sprinkle some of the mixture on the dough.
- Layer fruit and spice mixture in the pie dish.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the fruit is tender and the topping has turned golden.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla sauce.