Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a favorite at our museum luncheons during the summer months when fresh fruit is in season.....ENJOY!
- 1 large cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 quarts strawberries, stems removed
- 1 lb seedless grapes, stems removed
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice (fresh is best)
- Blend cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, apples, sugar, lemon juice and water in a large saucepan.
- Cook this mixture on medium - high heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat once it begins to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place this mixture in your food processor and puree' it for 20 seconds.
- Pour into serving bowl and whisk in the orange juice.
- Cover and chill for one hour before serving.