Recipe by *Petunia*
This is my Nana's recipe and we always loved it as kids. It is an old-fashioned pudding served warm. I really haven't ever made it myself, but I should!
- 1 (1 lb) can fruit cocktail
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup nutmeats, chopped
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the fruit and save the juice.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, white sugar, soda and salt.
- Set this aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg until thick and creamy.
- Mix in the fruit and 1/2 C.
- of the juice.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the wet, mix well.
- Pour all into a greased and floured 9x9" pan.
- Combine the nuts and brown sugar in a small bowl and then sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for approx.
- 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or icecream.