Recipe by Brenda.
Adapted from Bulgarian Rhapsody By Linda Joyce Forristal. Edited to add.... After a suggestion from a reviewer, I have added 1 tbs of sugar and 1/2 tsp baking soda to the ingredients. I tried it with these additional ingredients and while still moist, it is not overly moist. Thanks so much for the feedback =0)
Top Review by Mama Cee Jay
This was a different kind of bread for us. We baked longer than indicated and it was still a bit doughy. Maybe we will like better toasted. This was prepared for ZWT4 Eastern European Holiday challenge.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 medium eggs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, mix together yogurt, eggs, oil, feta, salt, and sugar.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add the yogurt mixture and stir well.
- Pour into a well-greased 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Lightly sprinkle with paprika and caraway seeds.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter.