Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This makes a definitely different oatmeal! Depending on the fruit drink that you choose, it could turn out sorta colorful! When I made this, I used Crystal Lite, because it's sugar free. Any similar fruit drink, Kool-Aid, fruit punch, or natural fruit juice would probably work.
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup fruit juice, any fruit flavored drink will work
- Mix ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add fruit juice, until it's the right consistency.
- You may need a bit more or less juice than called for.
- Microwave for 2- 3 minutes, or until done.
Is there such a thing as dessert oatmeal? Because this seemed like that to me. I used sugar free rasberry drink as my base but I used the proportions on my oatmeal container instead of those given here. So I used 1 cup drink and 1/2 cup instant oatmeal. I actually put a dollop of fat free cool-whip on top because it appealed to me and that was nice too. Interesting oatmeal, and a very pretty pink color!
I have made this as directed. But, I dont understand how to use this. I have been sneezing so much right from the time I got this out of the oven. I would love to know how this is to be used/given to kids.