1 hr 30 mins
chef 1012752's Note:
My version of Zuppa Tuscana from Olive Garden - this really satisfies my cravings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups spicy sausage links (I used 6 breakfast sausage links because it was what I had and because my family doesn't like Italia)
- 6 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- chicken broth (I used 3 small cans, a different recipe used bouillon cubes or crystals and water to make equivalent)
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced up 1/4 inch and then halve the slices (use more next time for a heartier soup)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fennel seed (or to taste, I found this to be the secret to the distinct flavoring of the soup)
- 2 cups kale leaves, sliced thinly (spinach can be substituted, I only used 2 large pinches of crinkly kale leaves my family isn't big o)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (try fat free half and half)
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 1Quarter potatoes with peelings on and then slice quarters into ¼ inch thick pieces.
- 2Place potatoes in large pot and add 3 cans chicken broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- 3Meanwhile, cook sausage links until done. Cool, then cut in slices, then halve the slices.
- 4Cut bacon in small squares and cook over medium heat until done but not crisp.
- 5Cook onions in bacon drippings in a large saucepan over medium heat until the onions are almost clear.
- 6Add garlic to onions and cook one minute.
- 7Add onions, meats, and fennel seeds to potatoes and broth. Simmer until potatoes are soft.
- 8Add kale and cream. Simmer to soften greens (approx. 4 minutes) and serve. Garnish with parmesan cheese (optional).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscany Soup Like Olive Garden
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.7
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 327.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g