Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a variation of the Tuscany potato soup that is served at Olive Garden - I have left out the cream for a heart healthy soup
- In a large pot heat 1 tsp olive oil, add onions carrots and celery cook till onion is nearly clear, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook till sausage is done.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and potatoes. Cook till potatoes are tender, approximately 60 minutes.
- Simmer for an additional 30 minutes with lid off the pot to reduce the volume by 1/8th. Serve with a good soaking bread and enjoy.
- You could add 1 cup of heavy cream for that creamy effect.