Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
yummy just fast and simple to make,
- 1 lb cavatelli or 1 lb penne, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 cup drained capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions in salted water, until al dente, then drain.
- Place hot pasta onto the tomato mixture and toss well.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
I also added some fresh Italian parsley and fresh garden basil, this has been the best summer meal I have eaten. I will make it often, good at room temperature too. Thanks for the great recipe.
Love this dish!! So fresh, so easy, so yummy! This is a perfect summertime pasta meal. I used some 4 cheese tortellini (didn't think the pasta choice would matter that much.) Awesome, Dinglebop, just awesome. Made for CameraLess Chefs in Cooking Photos.