Recipe by Dib's
This bean recipe melts in your mouth-excellent flavors, great with Ham. Recipe easily doubles. Prep time does not include roasting garlic.
- 1 lb large white beans, picked through and rinsed
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 ham hocks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 heads roasted garlic, mashed well
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy bottomed casserole cover the beans with water.
- Add the rosemary, ham hocks, salt, and 2 T.
- of the olive oil.
- Bring pot to a good simmer and cook gently over low heat for 2 hours.
- Remove from heat, drain and while still warm add the remaining olive oil, roasted garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- ~~Thiscan be made a day ahead and gently reheated on stove or in microwave.