Recipe by dojemi
From the September '04 issue of "In Style" magazine. Instead of dried cannellini beans you may use canned (rinsed and drained well before adding the olive oil, lemon juice and parsley).
- 1 lb dried cannellini beans
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans overnight in cold water to cover.
- Drain; place in Dutch oven with garlic, onion, bay leaves and water to cover by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer covered 30-45 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain; discard garlic, onion and bay leaves.
- Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.