Yummy, quick healthy soup. Found it on Robin Millers blog.
Make and share this Tuscan White Bean Soup With Ham and Kale recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained (Great Northern or cannellini)
- 1 bunch fresh kale, rinsed well and chopped (about 4 cups chopped)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ham, onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Add sage and cook 1 minute, until sage is fragrant.
- Add broth and beans and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add kale and cook 1 minute, until kale wilts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.