Recipe by jadoredior33
My family loves this hearty soup. The taste is similar to an onion soup but MUCH better. The best part of it is that its vegan ( if you leave off the parmesan cheese and make sure you are using a vegan vegetable stock) which is great for my teen daughter. Enjoy!
Top Review by Irmgard
Apart from a slight difference in quantities used, this is identical to the Tuscan white bean soup this I make. I guess I'm not the only one who gets recipes from Canadian Living!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 leeks, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 head savoy cabbage, shredded
- fresh flat leaf parsley
- parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot heat oil and stir in Garlic, Onion, Leeks and potato. Cook for 4-5 Minutes.
- Add in Vegetable Stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in Savoy Cabbage and undrained can of Beans. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree about 1/3 of soup, then add it back to pot. Add parsley.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes to heat through. Serve with some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.