Delicious chicken broth soup made with cannellini beans, small pasta and escarole. This is super good!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 red potatoes, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2⁄3 cup tubetti (any small macaroni will do)
- 1⁄2 head escarole, thinly sliced and cooked
- In a 4 quart saucepan, over medium high heat, cook olive oil, onion, carrot, celery and potato until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth, pepper and water; increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Increase heat to high; stir in beans with their liquid and pasta and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is done, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in escarole until heated through.