Recipe by FloridaNative
This is a modified recipe from the Pampered Chef 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbook. We really enjoyed it.
Top Review by Tinkergrumpybuns
I had a version of this in Venice Florida at a little restaurant , had to come home and find the recipe. I have used hot regular italian sausage and subbed escarole for the arugala. I love it , especially the next day. Hearty, one cup will fill you up. Some nice scala bread or some crusty bread will do you in! LOVE!
- 1 lb hot Italian chicken sausage
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, washed and coarsley chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup arugula, well rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice (with Italian seasonings)
- 2 cups prepared chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove casings from sausage. Place in stockpot with olive oil and cook over medium heat until lightly browned, breaking sausage apart as it cooks.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, garlic and Italian seasoning to pot, cooking 5-7 minutes or until vegetables start to brown.
- Stir tomatoes, tomato paste, arugala, broth and beans into sausage/veggie mixture.
- Simmer on medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes or under vegetables are tender.
- Serve with grated fresh parmesan cheese and warm bread.