1/1 Photo of Tuscan White Bean Dip
Expat in Holland's Note:
I was looking for a heathy appetizer to take to a party and decided a good garlicy white bean dip would be the choice. A friend had sent me a recipe for a bean dip. I tried the dip and then tweaked it to my taste. This ultimately should be served on pita chips, however not being able to buy those in Holland, I chose to use plain salted tortilla chips. My recipe was a complete success at the party. People loved it and not a drop was left. At first when told of the dip my husband was skeptical of a healthy bean dip. However he raved about it as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained, rinsed well and drained again
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, plus one sprig
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- plain salted tortilla chips
- 1In a food processor, combine beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, parsley, red pepper flakes, basil and mustard.
- 2Process mixture until creamy smooth.
- 3Sample mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Pour mixture into serving bowl, garnish with a sprig of parsley and 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top.
- 5Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan White Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g