Recipe by AlmightyMooX
A rustic and simple pasta dish that is light on calories and the budget but packed full of wonderful flavors. Quick and easy to prepare, this makes a complete meal with a warm slice of crusty bread and a chardonnay.
Top Review by lovelysoulthief
I have now made this recipe three times, and I will definitely make it again. I adjusted the seasonings to 2 tbs herbes de provence and just a little under 1 tbs salt. Delicious.
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup spinach, fresh leaf, tightly packed
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 lb pasta (fettuccine or penne works well)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, pepper, and onion.
- Spread on baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1 T. olive oil and sprinkle liberally with seasonings.
- Bake vegetables at 450 for ten minutes.
- Boil pasta until "al dente".
- Mix with mozzarella, vegetables, and sauce and transfer to casserole.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil on top and coat top with Parmesan.
- Bake at 450 for approximately 20 minutes.