1/1 Photo of Tuscan Vegetable Soup With Fresh Sage
Mom found this recipe in her CURVES' magazine winter 2006. I didn't have to change very much in this soup recipe. Other seasonal vegetables can be substituted;-asparagus, broccolini, Toscano kale, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sage leaves, coarsely chopped (NOT dried)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh green peas or 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, cut into coins
- 1 cup zucchini or 1 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup celery & leaves, stalks diced and leaves minced
- 1 medium sweet potatoes or 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups sodium-free vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1In a soup pot heat up the olive oil on low-medium heat and lightly saute the sage leaves; about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove leaves from pot and set aside. In same pot, saute the garlic until soft, only a minute or two.
- 2Add the green peas, green beans, zucchini, carrots, potato and cannelini beans. Stir mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the vegetable broth and red pepper flakes. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide and ladle the soup into 4 individual soup bowls. Garnish each serving with the sauteed sage leaves.
- 5Enjoy immediately! Don't forget the Italian bread and pop in a Bocelli CD (Furtiva Lagrina on the Viaggio Italiano recording) while you're at it!
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Vegetable Soup With Fresh Sage
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sodium-free vegetable broth