Recipe by Chef Cameo
Valerie Bertinelli's recipe. I found this in April 2010 Good Housekeeping magazine. It just looked to simple to be good but boy, was I wrong. Not only is it simple, but it's delicious. I got tired of those "cabbage" diet soups and decided to try this one. Boy am I glad I did. Only 63 calories per cup including the TB parmesan cheese. Try it!
- 1 1⁄4 cups cubed peeled eggplants
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed in a press
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-quart saucepan, place eggplant, water, tomatoes with their juices, muchrooms, garlic,zucchini, italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Heat to boiling on high.
- Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.