1/2 Photos of Tuscan Vegetable Soup
This recipe was published in a recent issue of Good Housekeeping as one of Valerie Bertinelli's favorite soups. It is very healthy and I'm sure you could substitute or add other veggies. It really hits the spot and is filling. I double the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups peeled eggplants, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, chopped and drained (juices reserved)
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press
- 3/4 cup zucchini, coarseley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In 2-quart saucepan, place eggplant, water, tomatoes with their juices, mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, Italian seasoning, 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t freshly ground black pepper; stir to combine.
- 2Heat to boiling on high.
- 3Cover; reduce heat to low.
- 4Simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5To serve, ladle soup into 4 shallow soup bowls; sprinkle with Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.3
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 110.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning