Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ideal for leftover turkey, and full of vegetables.
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 2 (822.13 g) can chicken broth
- 473.18 ml cubed turkey
- 425.24 g can solid-pack pumpkin
- 425.24 g can white kidney beans, rinsed, and drained
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (for topping)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender.
- Add the garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the turkey, broth, pumpkin, beans, salt, basil, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cheese.
A simple and delicious soup. Great texture and flavor.
This is a very good soup, I wasn't sure about the can of pumpkin, but it gave the soup the most amazing flavor. The only thing I added was some chopped fresh parsley because I had it on hand. Made for PRMR tag game.