Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe found in a Light & Tasty Magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to. Hope we all like it!
- 12 ounces Italian turkey sausage links
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinced and drained
- 1 leek, cut into 1-inch strips (small, white portion only)
- In a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Let cool and slice.
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the broth, soup, mushrooms, onion, italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, caraway seeds and fennel seed.
- Add sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and leek. Simmer 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.