Recipe by archimageiros
I can honestly say that this is the best "hot tuna" dish I have ever had. Even my friend who does not eat tuna, period liked it. The fish taste is barely discernable yet complements the artichokes and olives beautifully. I also invented it. I'm proud.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tuna in water
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 (1 lb) package whole wheat penne
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin boiling noodles in salted water.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4"-thick slices. Saute with onion in olive oil until tender and golden, with cajun seasoning to taste.
- While zucchini cooks, seed and slice tomatoes into strips. Add to zucchini a few minutes before it is ready.
- Remove pasta from boiling water when it has reached the al dente stage. Toss with artichokes (do not drain off liquid from jar), olives, and sauteed vegetables.
- Add drained tuna. Toss gently and serve.