Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
A nice, light supper salad. Feel free to sprinkle on extra dill if you really like dill. This is an Italian salad.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
A nice and different tuna salad. I put a mixture of lettuce, shredded carrot and shredded red cabbage on the bottom and then the mixture of tomatoes, beans, tuna and onions (mixed with the dressing) on top. Very pretty presentation. I did end up adding a bit more vinegar and some Greek seasoning to boost the flavor. I think I would like it better with a balsamic dressing. THANKS for posting.
- 4 cups lettuce (romaine, red leaf, lettuce and spinach)
- 1 cup tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained (white kidney beans or navy beans)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water (or 1 tbsp olive oil, I use water to cut down on fat)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces; Toss lettuce, tomato, beans, tuna, and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Toss dressing with salad just until coated; serve immediately.
- 1 serving (based on 4 servings) = 220 cal, 6g fat, 24g carb, 19g pro, 6g fibre, 22% iron.