Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Made with protein-rich hummus and canned tuna, this simple appetizer is perfect for game night or an Italian feast.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave, or
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) container hummus or 1 (16 ounce) containerother bean puree
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 20 thin diagonal slices crusty bread (Italian or French)
- Flake the tuna with a fork into a bowl, and stir in the onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, thyme and pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix the hummus and sun-dried tomatoes together. Heat the broiler.
- Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on a cookie sheets. Broil 1 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly toasted.
- Top each toast with a layer of the hummus mixture and a small mound of the tuna mixture.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 170; Total fat 7g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 360mg; Carbohydrate 18g; Fiber 4g; Protein 10g; Vitamin A 4%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV *Daily Value.
Excellent appetizer! So easily put together, healthy and savory. What else could you ask of an appetizer :lol: Made it with Fat Free French Bread (Gluten Free) and used shallot instead of red onion because that's what I had. Not as colorful but tasty anyway! Thanks for posting, this will be a keeper. Made for POOL PARTY TAG GAME.