Recipe by cannedfood
Made with protein-rich hummus and canned tuna, this simple appetizer is perfect for game night or an Italian feast.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Excellent appetizer! So easily put together, healthy and savory. What else could you ask of an appetizer :lol: Made it with recipe #359810 and used shallot instead of red onion because that's what I had. Not as colorful but tasty anyway! Thanks for posting, this will be a keeper. Made for POOL PARTY TAG GAME.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave, or
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) container hummus or 1 (16 ounce) containerother bean puree
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 20 thin diagonal slices crusty bread (Italian or French)
Directions See How It's Made
- Flake the tuna with a fork into a bowl, and stir in the onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, thyme and pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix the hummus and sun-dried tomatoes together. Heat the broiler.
- Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on a cookie sheets. Broil 1 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly toasted.
- Top each toast with a layer of the hummus mixture and a small mound of the tuna mixture.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 170; Total fat 7g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 360mg; Carbohydrate 18g; Fiber 4g; Protein 10g; Vitamin A 4%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV *Daily Value.