1/2 Photos of Tuscan Tuna Bruschetta
Chef #1365024's Note:
Made with protein-rich hummus and canned tuna, this simple appetizer is perfect for game night or an Italian feast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave, or
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) container hummus or 1 (16 ounce) container other bean puree
- 1/4 cup finely chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 20 thin diagonal slices crusty bread (Italian or French)
- 1Flake the tuna with a fork into a bowl, and stir in the onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, thyme and pepper.
- 2In a separate bowl mix the hummus and sun-dried tomatoes together. Heat the broiler.
- 3Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on a cookie sheets. Broil 1 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly toasted.
- 4Top each toast with a layer of the hummus mixture and a small mound of the tuna mixture.
- 5Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 170; Total fat 7g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 360mg; Carbohydrate 18g; Fiber 4g; Protein 10g; Vitamin A 4%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV *Daily Value.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Tuna Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 247.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g