Recipe by echo echo
An easy, flavorful recipe adapted from Cooking Light I've made many times.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a great tomato soup recipe although next time I will omit or reduce the amount of balsamic vinegar, I think that it would be just as good without it, I used 3 tablespoons minced garlic, and canned plum tomatoes and lots of black pepper, the bread cubes are what make this soup extra special! Thanks for a great recipe echo!...Kitten:)
- 2 1⁄2 cups 1-inch French bread cubes (~2½ slices)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -5 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and lightly coat bread with spray.
- Bake at 400° about 10 minutes until dry and toasted.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes through pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide croutons among 4 or 5 bowls; ladle soup over croutons and sprinkle with cheese.