echo echo's Note:
An easy, flavorful recipe adapted from Cooking Light I've made many times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups 1-inch French bread cubes (~2½ slices)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -5 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and lightly coat bread with spray.
- 2Bake at 400° about 10 minutes until dry and toasted.
- 3Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 4Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes through pepper and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Divide croutons among 4 or 5 bowls; ladle soup over croutons and sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1466.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 2849.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 281.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 61.1 g