Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sauce is great with pasta, served with chicken or on rice. It is very fresh tasting and I like it - you may never buy sauce again. This would be a great base for pizza sauce as well.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Spray a medium nonstick saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir about 5 min or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, rosemary and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 6-10 min or until it has reached the desired consistency is reached - stirring occasionally.