Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Life’s too short not to be Italian!
- 1 loaf sourdough bread or 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced 1 inch thick
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) cantuttorosso new world style diced tomatoes in tomato juice, drained
- 3⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- •Brush extra virgin olive oil onto both sides of bread slices. Grill or toast under the broiler until golden brown on both sides.
- •In a bowl combine remaining ingredients, except cheese, stir to combine. Spoon the tomato mixture onto the toasted bread.
- •Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and broil for 1 minuite to melt the cheese. Serve immediately.