1/1 Photo of Tuscan T- Bone Steak or Bistecca Alla Fiorentina
Elly in Canada's Note:
A classic Tuscan way of cooking T-bone steak is a real treat! Although it is possible to cook it on a gas barbecue, it is much better — and more authentic — when cooked over charcoal or an open fire. Source: Steak by Fiona Beckett
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim any excess fat from steak and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Pour olive oil into a shallow dish and add garlic and rosemary. Turn the steak in the oil, ensuring there is some garlic and rosemary on each side.
- 3Cover dish with a double layer of plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning the meat a couple of times.
- 4Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking.
- 5Preheat charcoal barbecue, when coals are covered with white ash you are ready to cook! (I have made this on a gas barbeque, it is delicious).
- 6Take the meat out of the marinade and remove any pieces of garlic or rosemary from the steak. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 7Place the steak on a rack about 3 inches above the coals and cook for about 4 minutes.
- 8Turn steak over and cook for another 3 minutes, steak will be rare.
- 9Cook for a couple of minutes longer on each side for medium-rare, but this is traditionally served rare.
- 10Transfer to a warm plate, season both sides with salt and pepper, then let the meat rest for 5 minutes.
- 11To serve - stand the steak upright with the bone at the bottom and, using a sharp knife, remove the meat on either side of the bone in one piece.
- 12Cut each piece into thick slices. Divide the slices between 2 serving plates.
- 13Pour the meat juices that have accumulated over the sliced steak.
- 14Drizzle with a little of the best extra virgin olive oil you can lay your hands on!
- 15Serve with sauteed potatoes, an arugula salad and lemon wedges if desired, accompanied by a glass of Chianti Classico or your favourite red wine.
- 17Marinating time not included in prep time.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan T- Bone Steak or Bistecca Alla Fiorentina
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1233.6
- Calories from Fat 957
- Total Fat 106.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 207.5 mg
- Sodium 185.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 65.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: