Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
“Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry” A colorful, heart-warming and Italian inspired white bean and chicken soup that makes a hassle-free meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 cup seeded diced tomato
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 piece parmesan rind
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken, shallots and garlic, stirring until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in beans, broth, carrots, tomatoes and seasoning mix; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add spinach; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is just wilted. Remove cheese rind. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
A hearty, filling and delicious soup.... I had no Hidden Valley ranch mix so made my own. Also added a couple bay leaves, a couple dashes of hot sauce. Simmered for about 1 hour to marry the flavours. At the very end I added about 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro/parsley combo. Try to use fresh tomatoes as the recipe states rather than canned, it really makes it!
Delicious ! I made the soup as directed using 3 chicken breasts and 48 oz of chicken broth. The p-armesan cheese rind gave the soup a wonderful flavor.
Finally got to give this one a try. It fits in well with me trying to improve my diet to include lots of colorful vegetables plus a nice dose of healthy protein with the chicken and beans. I used regular carrots cut into bite-size chunks instead of baby carrots.