Recipe by School Chef
Easy to make. Very tasty. I serve it with French Bread Crostini which I created that has a very cheesy toppping. Something I just whipped up one day from items I had in my pantry.
Top Review by loof
This is a wonderful soup! I made two small changes: I rinsed and drained the beans, and I used chopped fresh tomatoes instead of canned. The basil pesto really made this soup, adding a rich flavor that was perfect with the beans and other veggies. Served with a caeser salad and pita chips, this was a terrific quick and easy meal - thanks for sharing this winner!
- 40 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounces kidney beans, white, with liquid
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 1 cup diced tomato, canned
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 cup ditalini, Cooked
- black pepper