Recipe by English_Rose
Simple and tasty, bring a taste of Italy to the table with this delicious red kidney bean salad with creamy gorgonzola cheese and toasted pine nuts.
- 2 romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 ounces arugula
- 2 ounces green olives, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 14 ounces red kidney beans
- 7 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, shavings
- 1 ounce toasted pine nuts
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the gem lettuce leaves, spinach and rocket in cold water, drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Next add the olives, red onion, roast peppers, pine nuts and red kidney beans.
- Make the dressing by simply whisking the ingredients together and pour over the salad and mix well.
- Finely tear the gorgonzola over the salad, finish with parmesan cheese and serve.