Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A hearty, economical pasta dish with a bit of everything-get a big bowl!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 lb sliced curly escarole or 1⁄4 lb arugula
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini, drained and rinsed (white kidney beans)
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaf
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti, freshly cooked and drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make sauce, heat oil in large skillet; add garlic and cook over medium-low heat 1 minute.
- Add escarole or arugula; stir occasionally until wilted, about 2 minutes (1 minute for arugula).
- Add undrained tomatoes, beans and wine.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in basil and simmer 1 minute.
- Toss sauce with hot spaghetti.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
Quick, simple and good.