Recipe by English_Rose
By Gennaro Contaldo. Genuine Italian recipe great for entertaining. Prep time includes marinating.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 cups white wine
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 6 cups water
- 4 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 lemon, zest of, only, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the marinade
- 3 cups olive oil
- 10 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 red chile, roughly chopped
- green salad
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the marinade, place all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once simmered, remove the chicken breasts, the lemon zest, the sultanas and the pine kernels and while still hot, add them to the marinade.
- Leave in a fridge to marinate for 12 hours, then remove the chicken breasts, lemon, sultanas and pine kernels.
- Slice the chicken and serve with a tossed green salad which has been garnished with the lemon, sultanas and pine kernels.