Recipe Courtesy Rachael Ray
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 fresh tuna steaks, 1-inch thick (8 ounces each)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- handful flat leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
GRILLED STUFFED PORTABELLOS
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- large portabello mushroom cap
- coarse salt
- black pepper
- 3 large firm plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh smoked mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1Rinse and pat tuna steaks dry. Place zest on top of cutting board. Pile rosemary and parsley leaves on top of zest. Pile garlic and some coarse salt and black pepper or grill seasoning on top of herbs. Finely chop garlic, herbs, and spices. Drizzle the olive oil over the tuna steaks just enough to coat each side. Rub herb and garlic mixture into fish, coating pieces evenly on each side. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2Grill tuna steaks 6 minutes on each side or 4 minutes on each side if you prefer pink tuna at the center. Cook steaks over high setting on indoor electric grill, medium high heat on outdoor gas grill or 6 inches from hot, prepared charcoal.
- 3GRILLED STUFFED PORTABELLOS:.
- 4Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl or large food storage plastic bag. Coat mushroom caps evenly in marinade.
- 5Place mushroom caps on the grill cap-side-up and season with grill seasoning or salt and pepper. If you are using an indoor tabletop electric grill, preheat to 400°F or "HIGH" setting. If you are using an outdoor gas grill, preheat to medium high; for charcoal grill, prepare coals and cook mushrooms 6 inches from hot coals. Mushrooms will cook 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Cook mushrooms covered or under tin foil tent and turn occasionally.
- 6Combine tomatoes, rosemary and smoked mozzarella. Drizzle with oil and toss. Fill mushroom caps with tomato mixture and top with sliced mozzarella. The mushrooms will look like small pizzas. Place caps in oven at 425°F until cheese melts or you can close grill lid or replace tin foil tent over mushroom caps to melt cheese, it will take 1 to 3 minutes. Serve as-is or, place stuffed caps on garlic toast or slightly crusty bread to catch juices.
- 7Serve with mixed green salad dressed with oil and vinegar and garlic toast or grilled crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan-Style Grilled Tuna Steaks and Grilled Stuffed Portabello
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.4
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 389.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: