Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a favorite way to prepare tuna. It is a Rachael Ray recipe.
- 4 (8 ounce) fresh tuna steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, about 2 tablespoons leaves stripped from stem
- flat leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- coarse salt
- black pepper or grill seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- Rinse and pat tuna steaks dry.
- Place zest on top of cutting board.
- Pile rosemary and parsley leaves on top of zest.
- Pile garlic and some coarse salt and black pepper or grill seasoning on top of herbs. Finely chop the garlic, herbs, and spices. Drizzle the olive oil over the tuna steaks just enough to coat each side.
- Rub herb and garlic mixture into fish, coating pieces evenly on each side. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Grill tuna steaks 6 minutes on each side or 4 minutes on each side, if you prefer pink tuna at the center. Cook steaks over: high setting on indoor electric grill, medium high heat on outdoor gas grill or, 6 inches from hot, prepared charcoal.
Ecellent blend of flavors and I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you Wendy's Kitchen for sharing the recipe.
Very nice! Simple ingredients and it tastes so fresh. The only thing I did differently was that I marinaded the tuna in a little white wine (pinot grigio) for about 15 minutes before coating it with the herb mixture. Thank you!
I made this several times over the summer and it's wonderful! Restaurant quality that's simple to do and good for you! Thanks for posting this!