Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From The Farm at South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ.
Make and share this Tuscan-Style Grilled Chicken Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 19.71 ml prepared pesto sauce
- 2 squares focaccia bread (4x4-inch) or 2 ciabatta (4x4-inch)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- 4 thin slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 canned artichoke hearts, drained, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml mixed baby greens
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Cut bread horizontally in half.
- Brush chicken lightly with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; cool slightly.
- Cut chicken on sharp diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Spread pesto mayonnaise onto cut surfaces of bread.
- Layer chicken, mozzarella, artichokes, tomato, and greens onto bottom halves.
- Top with bread tops.
Wow what a great flavorful sandwich! Just loved the pesto mayo and fresh mozzarella on this. I used spinach for the mixed greens and ciabatta bread. Served with grilled romaine and a fruit salad for a wonderful summer meal - thanks for sharing the recipe!