Recipe by Sue Lau
A nice quick tasty stew. Ready in 20 minutes. Goes great with a crisp salad, some crusty bread, and herb butter!
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This made a terrific dinner, Sue. The ingredients were things I keep on hand all the time and I used fresh rosemary from my herb garden. The flavor was hearty and what I call "rustic". I did as you suggested and served it with a salad, fresh baguette and a glass of wine. A lovely, no-stress tasty meal. Thanks.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained,rinsed under water,patted dry,and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion, and garlic in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Sprinkle chicken with coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, broth, tomatoes, and rosemary; cover and simmer until chicken is cooked throgh, about 9-10 minutes more.
- Ladle into serving bowls, and serve.