Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Clams and garlic--mmm good! from The Lighthearted Cookbook by Anne Lindsay.
Make and share this Tuscan Style Capellini With Clams and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Scrub clams under cold running water, discard any that do not close when tapped.
- In large heavy saucepan, cook garlic and oil over medium high heat for 1 minute, add wine and clams.
- Cover and cook until clams open (time will vary from 2 to 10 minutes depending on size of clams, discard any that do not open).
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook capellini until al dente, tender but firm; drain.
- Pour clam mixture over hot pasta and toss with parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Fabulous! This was fast and easy and absolutely delicious! I wouldn't change a thing except maybe I will add some fresh mussels next time too!
I didn't follow the recipe exactly- mussels were on sale, so I got those and I didn't have a chance to stop for wine, so I used cooking sherry. It was really terrific! I was surprised at how much flavor this had and all the picky eaters at my table loved it. This will be a regular in my house! Thanks so much!
This turned out very well! I used a bit more garlic and a bit more wine and it was delicious. I will make this again.