1/1 Photo of Tuscan Steak and Salad
This is a really flavourful piece of meat! Served atop arugula, the juices wilt the greens and what you get is the most unbelievable warm salad. A winner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 boneless strip steaks, 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick
- 8 cups loosely packed arugula, washed and dried
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, cut into thin shavings
- 1Whisk together the 5 tblsps olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, oregano and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a small bowl until smooth.
- 2Heat the 1 tsp olive oil in a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until smoking.
- 3Meanwhile, season the steaks liberally with salt and pepper.
- 4Lay the steaks in the pan and cook, without moving, until a well-browned crust forms, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 5Using tongs, flip the steaks.
- 6Reduce the heat to medium.
- 7Cook 3 to 4 minutes more for rare or 5 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- 8Divide the arugula evenly among 4 individual plates.
- 9Cut each steak crosswise into thin strips and arrange the steak over the arugula.
- 10Drizzle any juices that have collected from the meat over the greens.
- 11Rewhisk the dressing and drizzle it over the steak and greens.
- 12Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Steak and Salad
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.0
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 337.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless strip steaks