Recipe by dicentra
I don't know where I found this, but I'm putting it here for safe keeping.
Top Review by Charlotte J
I used 2 tablespoons of fresh basil when I made this. I did not like the parsley in the soup at first, it might have not been mixed in enough. This was an easy soup to prepare and I will make it again. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! ~2010
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup small elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese, to top
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring often, until onion is softened; 5-6 minutes.
- Mix in broth, tomatoes, macaroni, parsley, basil, beans, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the macaroni is tender.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.