If you have enjoyed the "ZUPPA TOSCANA" at the Olive Garden, then you will love this Copy Cat recipe. If you have not had it, then you need to try it. :-)
- In some olive oil sauté the onion and garlic until transparent.
- Add water and chicken base or 2 quarts chicken broth.
- Add the potatoes (I like to use frozen hash browns that I always have on hand).
- Add the seasonings.
- Bring to boil. Cover with lid and simmer.
- Brown the sausage, breaking up into small pieces, and drain in a stainer.
- Wash the kale, remove the stems/rib. Slice across you can add fresh or thawed frozen spinach squeezed dry).
- Add the sausage and kale to your saucepan and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add the can of evaporated milk and heat through.
- Check to see if you want to add any salt.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy.:-).
Great soup I sprinkled a little fennel seed on the sausage as it cooked. Probably about 1/2 tsp. The recipe is just like Olive Garden!